Ayn Rand: My Fiction-Writing Teacher
On this page: Summary Contents Related Links Reviews, Criticism and Analysis
- Full Title: Ayn Rand: My Fiction-Writing Teacher
- Author(s): Erika Holzer
- Year Published: 2005
- Publisher: Madison Press
- Publication Type: Unknown
- ISBN-10: 0-615-13041-0 (paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-0-615-13041-5 (paperback)
- Description: .
- Preface: Four Years as Ayn Rand's Literary Protégé
- PART ONE
- Chapter One: Lawyer Versus Writer: A Foot in Both Worlds
- Chapter Two: Make Room for Passion
- Chapter Three: Pitfalls and Traps
- Chapter Four: Eye for an Eye: Back on track
- PART TWO
- Chapter Five: Stoking Your Subconscious
- Chapter Six: Avoiding False Starts
- Chapter Seven: Flexibility
- Chapter Eight: Research
- Chapter Nine: Interviewing: Subcategory of Research
- Chapter Ten: Plot, Plot and Plot
- Chapter Eleven: Take your Inspiration Where You Find It
- Chapter Twelve: Style: The "How" of a Story
- Chapter Thirteen: Romantic Realism Versus Naturalism
- Chapter Fourteen: "All of Rand 's Novels Have Heroes"
- Chapter Fifteen: There Are Heroes ... and Heroes
- Chapter Sixteen: Ayn Rand's Famous "Crow Epistemology"
- Chapter Seventeen: Feedback
- Chapter Eighteen: Emotional Fuel
- Chapter Nineteen: A Dynamite Combination
- Chapter Twenty: Sense of Life: "A Profoundly Personal Matter..."
- Chapter Twenty-One: The Moral of the Story...
- SHORT STORIES
- The House on Hester Street
- Double Crossing
- Eye for an Eye
- Ayn and I -- Co-Authors: The Facts behind a 'Literary Coup'
- Ayn and I Go to the Movies: Victor Hugo's The Man Who Laughs
- Odd Blend of Naturalism and Melodrama: Dissecting the widely acclaimed movie In the Bedroom
- Academy Award Reflections: An Imagined Conversation with Ayn Rand
- Movie Magic: Casting Atlas Shrugged with Ayn Rand
The following perspectives on this book are available online:
About the Objectivism Reference Center
The philosophy of Ayn Rand, a twentieth-century novelist and philosopher, is known as Objectivism. The Objectivism Reference Center provides resources about Rand, her ideas, her works, and places where those are discussed and debated. Visit the Site Information page for details on site policies. Suggestions for additional materials or additional links are welcomed.
Copyright © 1999-2011 by Richard Lawrence. All rights reserved.